As a communications major at Penn State University, Lara S. Martin wanted to use her persuasive and creative writing skills to effectuate change and found legal advocacy the perfect fit.
As an attorney with more than 10 years of experience, Lara considers her biggest professional asset to be her attention and care for the client and focus on the end result.
Her expertise is in:
- Commercial bankruptcy
- Corporate and nonprofit consulting
- Corporate debtors
- Financial institutions
- Secured and unsecured creditors in commercial, corporate, credit, and litigation matters
A native of Pittsburgh, Lara graduated cum laude from Duquesne University School of Law, where she was a contributing editor and writer for Juris Magazine. She was a pro bono attorney with Jewish Family & Children’s Services assisting in immigration and asylum work prior to joining Bernstein-Burkley, P.C. in 2010. She continues to provide pro bono services when able.
- Admitted to the Bar of Pennsylvania, 2009
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Western and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, 2009
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, 2016
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A. Communications, 2006)
- Duquesne University (J.D. Cum Laude, 2009)
- CUPL China Summer Law Program (Beijing, 2007)
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Certified Mediator and Mediator for the Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section Council Member
- Young Leadership Outreach Team, ACLU, 2016-present
- Certification, Intermediate Grant Writing
- Certified Crisis Counselor, Crisis Text Line
- Treasurer (2015-2017) and Board Member (2014-2018), Kelly Strayhorn Theater
- National Council of Jewish Women, Advocacy Committee
- Junior League of Pittsburgh, Director of Marketing and Communications (2014-2015)