James is an associate in the firm’s Litigation and Real Estate practice groups, with a focus on real estate tax assessment appeals and general litigation matters.
He also has experience in:
- Real estate tax collection
- Real estate tax exemption
- Consumer bankruptcy proceedings
James has successfully handled thousands of commercial and residential tax assessment appeals in Allegheny County and throughout the region representing both taxing bodies and property owners. James’s tax assessment appeal experience includes working with numerous property types, including office buildings, hotels, banks, hospitals, apartment buildings, student housing, low-income housing, and retail stores.
A native of Pittsburgh, before he was a “Pennsylvania Rising Star,” James was one on the big screen, as he had a small part in the 1996 film Diabolique starring Sharon Stone, when it was filmed in the region in the ‘90s.
- Robert Morris University (B.S.B.A. 2008)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D. 2012)
- He recently attained a $35 million reduction in fair market value on behalf of a shopping mall in the region.
- He obtained a $213,000 tax refund for a recreational facility in Allegheny County through a tax assessment appeal.
- He has been selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers in the field of Real Estate every year since 2017.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Allegheny County Bar Association