Heather Brooks is a Senior Counsel with Bernstein-Burkley, P.C. Heather focuses her practice on assisting financial institutions and borrowers in commercial and corporate finance transactions throughout the eastern and mid-western United States, including acquisition financing, construction financing, structured financing, mezzanine debt financing, and term and revolving credit facilities. She has an extensive background counseling lenders on all aspects of commercial finance and secured transactions, including preparation and negotiation of loan documents, intercreditor agreements, participation agreements, and derivative contracts, as well as review of title, survey, and due diligence requirements, and closing coordination. She also has a variety of experience assisting local and international clients with real estate acquisitions, corporate governance matters, lease agreements and non-disclosure agreements. Heather has also counseled energy, oil, gas and mineral-related clients on transaction matters as they relate to gas title issues and opinions.
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Journalism and Public Relations, 1988
- Carnegie Mellon University, Masters, Public Management, focusing on Non-Profit Management,
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 1991
- Served as President of the Animal Law Society
- Active in the Women’s Law Association
- Prior to entering the practice of law, she held several high-level fundraising positions for various arts and culture organizations in Pittsburgh.
Affiliations & Memberships:
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Indiana County Bar Association
- Women in Law Division of the Allegheny County Bar Association
- Animal Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Corporate Banking and Business Law
- Real Property Sections