Background & Focus:
Matt is an Associate in the Commercial Real Estate Practice where he counsels clients on real estate transactions, land development and financing, land use, and zoning. Matt reviews, drafts, and negotiates commercial and residential leases on behalf of landlords and tenants, and represents landlords in landlord-tenant disputes, including evictions and ejectments. He also works with Homeowner Associations (HOAs) and Condominium Associations, assisting Boards with documents, disputes and issues in planned communities. Matt also has experience representing property owners with real estate assessment tax appeals, and non-profits with real estate tax exemptions.
In addition, Matt also serves oil and gas owners, drawing on his extensive knowledge of Pennsylvania and West Virginia oil and gas law. Matt has significant experience related to oil and gas title rights and title curative measures, as well as leasing and conveying oil and gas rights.
Matt is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. He is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, NAIOP and the American Association of Professional Landmen, Michael Late Benedum Chapter.
Penn State University, B.S., Management
Duquesne University School of Law, J.D.
- Managing Business Editor of the Duquesne Business Law Journal
- Managed the law school’s Unemployment Compensation Clinic
- Awarded the Clinical Legal Education Association outstanding Student Award
- NAIOP, Pittsburgh Chapter
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Association of Professional Landmen, Michael Late Benedum Chapter
- West Virginia
- United States District Courts for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S District Courts for the Middle District of Pennsylvania