David’s practice focuses in the areas of creditors’ rights, bankruptcy and insolvency matters, commercial and residential real estate, title insurance law and commercial litigation. He regularly represents financial institutions, consumer finance companies, title insurance companies, municipal entities and creditors in a wide range of creditors’ rights, bankruptcy and real estate matters. He has represented banks and financial institutions, court appointed receivers and custodians, Chapter 7, 11 and 15 Debtors, Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors, Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts and Trustees, and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy proceedings throughout the United States. He has represented clients in many industries including: energy, steel, coal, hospitality, health care, professional sports, golf, manufacturing, food, retail, construction, agricultural and local tax collection. He has also represented municipal creditors and lenders in numerous sheriff’s sale and foreclosure proceedings in various counties throughout western Pennsylvania.
From the real estate perspective, David has advised owners, tenants, sellers, buyers and managers of commercial real estate on various real estate and landlord/tenant issues both in and out of court. He is also a licensed Title Agent in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and has represented numerous title insurance companies in title claim litigation in both state and federal court.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Philosophy, 1988
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1991
Affiliations & Memberships:
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association (past chair)
- Turnaround Management Association
- Western District Bankruptcy Inns of Court (committee member)
- Notre Dame Club of Pittsburgh
- Pennsylvania Rising Stars list, 2006
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list (Thomson Reuters) since 2010