Kevin J. Cummings is an associate attorney in Bernstein-Burkley’s Creditors’ Rights group, His practice focuses on commercial collection matters, foreclosure, real estate, and landlord-tenant disputes. Kevin’s approach is client-centered and service-forward.
“Every case has a unique set of issues, and no two clients are alike. The key to providing the best service possible is to be dedicated to your craft and the foundation of dedication is the willingness to commit your time to the task,” Kevin says.
Kevin has had the privilege to handle a variety of cases in a variety of practice areas across the Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This experience honed his listening skills – the ultimate need of a client may go far beyond the results of a case. Giving his clients the space to articulate their case goals has been a pillar of his practice.
After graduating from the Penn State Dickson School of Law, Kevin served as a law clerk for the Honorable Vito Geroulo, Court of Common Pleas of Lackawanna County. He then joined a creditor’s rights firm specializing in consumer collections and creditor’s rights. Kevin also worked in a Scranton law firm handling municipal law and commercial and residential real estate transactions. In 2017, Kevin relocated to Pittsburgh and expanded his practice areas to serve lenders and servicers of residential and commercial mortgages.
- University of Miami (Florida), B.S., Broadcast Journalism and Political Science, 2005
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Admitted to the Bar of Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- United States District Court
- Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2009
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2011
- Western District of Pennsylvania, 2017
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Member of the Bar, Pennsylvania
- Member of the Bar, New Jersey