Before joining Bernstein-Burkley, Sarah served as an extern for the Honorable Kevin R. Huennekens of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. In this capacity, she gained significant exposure to complex bankruptcy cases and issues, and had the opportunity to assist in drafting and editing opinions.
Within her first year of practice, Sarah drafted two Chapter 11 bankruptcy plans for commercial debtors, one of which has been confirmed and is effective, and the other awaiting a confirmation hearing.
Her expertise is in:
- Commercial bankruptcy
While attending the University of Richmond School of Law, Sarah was selected to be a student associate for the in-house Intellectual property and Transactional Law Clinic. In this position, she provided pro bono legal services to small businesses, entrepreneurs, and nonprofits under the supervision of a licensed attorney and assisted her clients with a variety of legal issues.
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A. in English Literature, Cum Laude, 2014
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2018
- Admitted to the bar of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Senior Manuscript Editor for the University of Richmond’s Journal of Law and Technology
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Judith K. Fitzgerald Bankruptcy Inns of Court
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation – Pittsburgh Chapter