Communication is key to Bernstein-Burkley partner Salene Mazur Kraemer. As an avid lover of reading and the written word, the Bernstein-Burkley dynamo can digest volumes of material very quickly and enjoys performing research for her clients, to gather information and solve problems.
“I love to tell the story of the dispute in my oral argument and writing,” says Salene.
She is an experienced Chapter 11 business bankruptcy practitioner, having worked on complex, multi-million dollar matters, in bankruptcy courts all over the country.
In addition to providing general corporate counsel for mid-size to large companies on issues including tax modifications, financing, and real estate transactions, Salene provides transparency and insight into the world of business and law through two blogs she curates: In Plain English and Steel Valley Bankruptcy.
“I aim to tackle a difficult business situation and lead the charge to get the client results at the right cost,” says Salene.
As a Board-Certified Business Bankruptcy specialist and a Certified Turnaround Analyst, Salene’s professional focus is in:
- Creditors’ Rights
A native of Weirton, W. Va., and a current resident of Mt. Lebanon Township in Pittsburgh, in her spare time, Salene is a fine art portrait photographer.
- West Virginia University (B.A. Political Science, Philosophy, 1996)
- West Virginia University (M.B.A., 1997)
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law (2000)
- Licensed in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Board member for the American Board of Certification for Business Bankruptcy
- Panelist for the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation and the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Mid-Atlantic and Southeast conferences
- Former adjunct professor at Penn State University – New Kensington
- Appointed to the Board of Directors for the Friends of Flight 93 National Memorial
Salene has been widely recognized for her expertise in business bankruptcy and creditors’ rights by:
- West Virginia Super Lawyers (selected to be on the Rising Star list for her work in the fields of Business Law and Bankruptcy)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (selected to be on the Super Lawyer list for Bankruptcy: Business)
- 2020 Lawdragon 500 Leading U.S. Bankruptcy & Restructuring Lawyers