Erica is an associate in Bernstein-Burkley’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring practice group. Her expertise lies in federal bankruptcy law, with insider knowledge of the federal court systems. At Bernstein-Burkley, she will handle both business and
consumer bankruptcy matters.
While bankruptcy is her forte, Erica also has experience in creditor’s rights. She is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio and the Northern District of Ohio.
Erica has nearly 14 years’ experience in bankruptcy, including 7 years’ experience clerking for 3 federal bankruptcy judges. Prior to joining Bernstein-Burkley, Erica had the unique opportunity to assist 2 of those judges in establishing Chambers, and being relied upon to assist them during a significant career transition is just one of her career highlights. In her capacity as a Law Clerk, Erica gained significant experience in complex consumer and commercial bankruptcy cases including, contested matters and adversary proceedings. There, she also assisted in drafting opinions.
- Born in University Heights, Ohio
- University of Vermont, B.S., Mathematics, 2003
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Member of the Bar, State of Ohio
- Member of the bar, Northern District of Ohio
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Member
- Phi Delta Phi Member