Employment Opportunities in Legal Careers
Bernstein-Burkley is a growing regional law firm with more than 30 employees, headquartered in Pittsburgh. We see our CORE PURPOSE to “Create partnerships that provide clients with peace of mind through expert advice and zealous representation.”
Bernstein-Burkley CORE VALUES:
- Ethics and integrity in all dealings
- Work and perform as a team
- Highest quality service to clients
- Enjoy what we do
We are always looking for smart, energetic people whose VALUES coincide with ours and who can help us achieve our PURPOSE. Bernstein-Burkley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please contact:
Currently Available Positions
Bernstein-Burkley, P.C. is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join its team. The Marketing Coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Operations and Marketing, is responsible for coordinating Bernstein-Burkley’s marketing and business development efforts. Within marketing, the Coordinator will oversee website content, advertising, newsletters, blog posts, and social media. The Coordinator will work with the Partners and Managers of the Firm in support of business development efforts.
- Maintain all company marketing collateral (including brochures, presentations, professional biographies, newsletters, blog posts, website content, and press releases).
- Maintain company website and social media presence.
- Plan various firm-sponsored events throughout the year.
- Coordinate development and implementation of yearly marketing/business development plan and budget with Director of Operations and Marketing.
- Support client relations efforts.
- Support practice-related proposals and pitches, and track leads.
- Maintain contact management database.
- Coordinate firm advertising and identify new opportunities.
- Two to four (2-4) years of recent marketing and business development experience for a professional services firm. Experience working for a Law Firm or CPA firm is preferred.
- Experience in marketing collateral, graphic design, written communication, social media and business development.
- Experience with WordPress and Constant Contact to manage social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Ability to take the lead to initiate projects and collaborate with others where necessary to finalize and follow-through on projects.
- Strong project management skills including setting priorities, planning, organization and follow-through.
- Ability to handle change effectively, maintain a positive attitude and work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate with others.
LITIGATION LEGAL ASSISTANT
Bernstein-Burkley, P.C., a downtown Pittsburgh-based law firm, seeks a litigation legal assistant for a full-time position. The candidate will support the everyday operations for a busy general civil litigation team (two partners and two associates) in a fast-paced, high-volume office. An ideal candidate will be an independent worker with excellent attention to detail, strong proofreading skills, experience in prioritizing work, and the ability to efficiently multitask.
The individual will work alongside a Litigation Paralegal.
The primary responsibilities of the position will include, but will not be limited to:
- opening new matters and drafting letters of engagement
- monitoring and updating attorney calendars daily
- filing pleadings, motions and other documents with state and federal courts
- assisting with all areas of discovery, including written requests and document production
- distributing and placing attorney mail in the corresponding electronic file
- file organization
- assisting with trial and hearing preparation, as needed
- preparing various correspondences to courts, clients and others as per attorney instructions
- transcribing electronic dictation
- Knowledge of court process, and rules of civil procedure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong proofreading and organizational skills
- Experience in prioritizing work
- Brings issues, concerns, or discrepancies to the attention of the supervising lawyer
- Excellent oral and written communication with internal and external parties
- Works well with attorneys, professionals, clients and staff
- Efficient multi-tasker
- Manages competing demands to meet deadlines
- 2+ years of litigation experience
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with ProLaw is a bonus