Our Creditors’ Rights attorneys represent clients in various types of creditors’ issues including foreclosure and collections. Our Creditors’ Rights attorneys also team with attorneys from our Business Law and Restructuring Bankruptcy practice areas, to coordinate our respective areas of expertise in order to maximize protection of our clients’ rights and interests.
Our collections team represents commercial and retail clients in a variety of legal matters throughout Pennsylvania. The following highlights some of our services:
- Commercial Collections – collection of commercial debt, secured and unsecured, for small and large businesses, contractors, subcontractors, banks, lenders, commercial landlords and equipment lessors.
- Retail collections – collection of consumer debt, secured and unsecured, for banks, savings and loans, credit unions and other lenders.
- Construction collections – filing and enforcement of mechanic’s lien claims, and labor and material payment bond claims.
- Replevins – repossession and recovery of collateral from defaulting debtors for lessors and other secured creditors.
- Litigation – prosecution of debt collection civil actions in state and Federal Court, and before alternative dispute resolution forums (arbitration, mediation) and defense against debtor counterclaims.
- Get P.A.I.D. System™ – review and recommend improvements to creditors’ “credit enhancement” tools, such as credit applications, sales contract terms and conditions, invoice terms and conditions, personal and corporate guaranties, and security agreements. Consult with clients on implementation of credit policies
Our foreclosure team represents real estate secured clients in a variety of foreclosure, eviction and real estate-related matters throughout Pennsylvania. The following highlights some of our services:
- Residential and Commercial Foreclosures –initiating foreclosure actions at both the state and federal court levels. Bernstein-Burkley, P.C. is familiar with county sheriff sale processes throughout the entire state of Pennsylvania as well as federal court U.S. Marshal sale procedures. Bernstein-Burkley, P.C. assists clients in obtaining and collecting deficiency judgments.
- Foreclosure Alternatives – promoting the client’s interest, where possible, by arranging for alternatives to foreclosure, such as facilitating reinstatements, forbearance agreements, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, loan modifications, and settlements.
- Tax Lien and Condominium Lien Foreclosures – enforcing and collecting real estate, secured debt on behalf of holders of tax liens and condominium liens.
- Ejectment Actions – handling ejectment/eviction services.
- Title Issues – reviewing title abstracts and policies as well as handling title claims.
Creditor’s Rights & Commercial Collections Additional Information
For more information on creditors rights please contact Bernstein-Burkley, P.C..