Shawn P. McClure, Partner
Shawn is responsible for the management of the firm’s commercial collection practice, including the filing and defense of mechanics’ liens, foreclosure actions, replevins, involuntary bankruptcies and other credit related matters. Shawn has been with the firm since graduating from law school at Duquesne University.
McClure is a frequent lecturer for National Business Institute and Lorman Educational Services, as well as for local credit industry trade groups, on credit, collections and collection related topics.
Prior to joining Bernstein-Burkley, he clerked for the Office of the Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Trustee for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and completed an externship for the Honorable Thomas M. Hardiman of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Shawn was named a Pennsylvania Rising Star in the area of Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy for 2013 by Philadelphia Magazine.
- Admitted to the bar of Pennsylvania 2007
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Western District of Pennsylvania (2007) and the Middle District of Pennsylvania (2008).
- Saint Francis University (B.S. Accounting, 2003)
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Commercial Law League of America - Young Members Section – Executive Council Two Year Term 2010-present
- International Association of Commercial Collectors (IACC), SCOPE Magazine Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association