Lara E. Shipkovitz, Associate
Lara is an associate in the firm’s bankruptcy and restructuring group. Lara represents corporate debtors as well as secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy and financial restructuring matters, including unsecured creditors’ committees, equipment lessors and financial institutions. Prior to joining Bernstein-Burkley, P.C., Lara was a pro bono attorney with Jewish Family & Children’s Services while clerking for a Pittsburgh insurance and legal malpractice defense law firm. While earning her Juris Doctorate, she was a legal intern with the Honorable Maureen Lally-Green, Pennsylvania Superior Court.
- Admitted to the Bar of Pennsylvania, 2009
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, 2009
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A. Communications, 2006)
- Duquesne University (J.D. Cum Laude, 2009); Juris Magazine; contributing writer and editor, 2007-2009
- CUPL China Summer Law Program (Beijing, 2007)
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section Council Member
- Turnaround Management Association – Pittsburgh Chapter NextGen Board Member
- Western District of Pennsylvania American Bankruptcy Inns of Court
- Mediator, Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Junior League of Pittsburgh – Communications Chair
- Leadership Development Initiative XX, a program of Leadership Pittsburgh, Inc.